The better-than-anything-you’ve-tasted-cake. With a name like that, how can you resist?
This cake recipe is full of shortcuts to make it quick and easy without sacrificing flavor.
YIELD: 10 to 12 servings
- 1 yellow or white cake mix, prepared according to box directions
- 1 can (20-ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 box (3-ounces) instant vanilla pudding, prepared according to box directions
- 1 cup coconut, divided
- 1 container (12-ounces) Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Bake cake in a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Meanwhile, in a pan over medium heat, cook crushed pineapple with sugar until sugar has dissolved.
- When cake is done, immediately remove from oven and poke holes in the top using a fork.
- Pour pineapple mixture over top. Let cool on a rack.
- Mix vanilla pudding with ½ cup of coconut and spread over pineapple.
- Spread cake with Cool Whip. Sprinkle walnuts and remaining ½ cup coconut over the top and refrigerate for at least 24 hours.