The best ever Italian cream cake. A delicious cream cake for all sugar-free lovers!
- 2 cups common flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup soft butter
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup erythritol
- 1½ tsp stevia
- 3 eggs, yolks and whites separated
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 tbsp erythritol
- 1 tsp stevia
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup pecans/walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F for 5 minutes. Grease and flour a baking tin
- Mix the flour and baking soda together by passing them through a sieve a couple of times.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, oil, erythritol and stevia.
- Add egg yolks to the mix and blend with a mixer.
- Add vanilla extract and buttermilk to the mix.
- After which, add dry ingredients to the mix.
- Beat the egg white until stiff and add to the cake mix.
- Pour the batter into the baking tin and bake 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on wire racks for 10 minutes
- For the frosting, combine butter, erythritol and stevia in a mixing bowl.
- Add cottage cheese to the mix and combine well.
- Cut the cake into 2 equal portions. Apply the frosting on both layers and on the sides and top of the cake. Sprinkle with the nuts.
- Cut the cake into slices and serve
PLEASE NOTE: All cake ingredients need to be at room temperature.
Mix the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and baking soda) by passing them through a sieve couple of times.
Add melted butter to the mixing bowl.
Add oil to the bowl.
Then add erythritol and stevia to the mix.
Combine the butter and oil mixture with a blender.
Add the egg yolks to the mixing bowl.
Beat the mix with an electric mixer until it is pale yellow in color.
Add vanilla extract to the mix.
Add buttermilk to the mix.
Then add dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and soda) to the mix.
Mix all the ingredients well with a hand mixer.
Beat the egg white until stiff peaks form. Add it to the mix.
Spread the cake mix in a flat pan.
Bake the cake tin in a pre-heated oven for 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool on the wire rack.
Assemble the ingredients for frosting.
Add butter to a bowl.
Add erythritol and stevia to the mix.
Then add cottage cheese to the mix.
Mix all ingredients with a hand blender.
Cut the cake into 2 layers.
Spread half of the frosting evenly on the cake base.
Spread rest of the frosting on the second layer. Garnish with walnuts or pecans.
Cut the cake in slices and serve.