Bagna cauda is an Italian anchovy dip, best served with lots of crunchy vegetables.
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 12 anchovy fillets
- 6 large garlic cloves, chopped
- Assorted fresh vegetables, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 1-pound loaf crusty Italian or French bread, cutinto 2-inch sections
- Blend oil, butter, anchovies and garlic in processor until smooth. Transfer oil mixture to heavy medium saucepan. Cook over low heat 15 minutes, stirring, occasionally. (Sauce will separate.) Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce into fondue pot or other flameproof casserole. Set pot over alcohol burner or gas table burner to keep warm. Serve with vegetables and bread.