No matter what holiday, this is always on our table!
Thanksgiving is beyond the turkey and the pies. It’s a day that gives us a chance to find reasons to smile and bond with family, friends and loved ones. It gives us a reason to stop and reflect on all the things we have to be thankful for. May your day be filled with Thanks and Giving!
- 1 Lb Bag Fresh Cranberries – rinsed and picked over
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Large Green Apples – cored and roughly chopped in food processor
- 1 Cup Walnuts – chopped
- 1 –2 Envelopes Unflavored Gelatin – dissolved in
- ½ cup liquid such as water or apple or orange juice
This recipe works well in a Tupperware fluted bowl with a lid so it looks quite festive when unmolded!
- Chop cranberries in a food processor and pour into a bowl.
- Gradually add 1 cup of sugar, a little at a time and stirring well after each addition.
- Let sit for about 45 minutes to an hour.
- Put apples in the food processor but only rough chop. Do not make small pieces.
- After the cranberries have melded with the sugar, add the apples and chopped nuts.
- Then slowly dissolve the gelatin in the water or juice over low heat.
- When clear and slightly cooled, toss with the cranberry mixture and pour into a mold.
- Cover and let set in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Unmold on a plate with a lip.
My husband, Charlie and I, along with our family wish you and those you hold dear a bountiful Thanksgiving with the love of family and friends to share it with. Have a safe and happy holiday.