The Veal roast with milk or Arrosto di vitello al latte. A classic Italian recipe for roast veal softened with milk and flavored with prosciutto.
SERVINGS: Serves 4
- 2 lb veal thigh
- 2 oz ham
- ¼ cup butter
- 4 cups milk
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place a roasting pan on the stove top over medium heat.
- Add butter and let melt.
- Add prosciutto cut into strips and sauté.
- Then add the veal, bound with kitchen twine, and turn the heat to high.
- Season with salt and pepper and turn the roast so that it browns evenly.
- Add the flour and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Then, add the milk and cook over low heat, covered.
- Baste the roast occasionally with more milk if the roast seems dry.
- After about 40 minutes, when the veal is done cooking, cut the roast into slices and serve with the strained pan juices.
- Enjoy your your meal with this veal roast with milk.
CHEF’S TIPS: This recipe can be prepared using a classic rolled veal or beef roast.
Source and picture: Academia Barilla