Perfect for when you crave something apple but don’t have time for a pie
This Apple Pie Bread is homemade, sweet and a moist dessert bread with a layer of brown sugar and chunks of juicy crisp apples for added deliciousness!
SERVINGS: Serves 8
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar – packed
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1stick salted butter – softened to room temp
- 2 large eggs – room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/3 cup peeled and chopped apples (1/2-inch chunks) about 2 small to medium apples such as Fuji, Jonagold or Honeycrisp
- Preheat oven to 350º. Spray a large loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray that contains flour or grease and flour the pan.
- In a bowl, combine brown sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon. Set aside
- Using a stand mixer, combine sugar and butter and mix until smooth.
- Stir in eggs and vanilla extract until fully combine. Finally, stir in flour and baking powder with milk. Mix until well combined.
- Pour ½ of the batter into prepared loaf pan. Cover batter with half the diced apples pressing the apples down slightly into the batter. Sprinkle the apples with half the cinnamon sugar, nutmeg mixture. Pour the remaining batter over the apples. Top with remaining diced apples (again, pushing the apples gently into the batter. Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture on top.
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes (until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.)
- Allow to cool completely before removing from baking pan.
NOTE: I’ve made these two ways. I sometimes make the brown sugar mixture and stir all the apples into it and let marinate or I sprinkle on the apples as I rest them on the batter. Each way works so your choice.
Olivia mixes the batter
Gianna mixes in apples