The Vanilla Almond Jam Cookies. These cookies are so tasty and beautiful it’s difficult to believe they’re so simple to create.
SERVING: Recipe makes about 18 cookies.
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 packet vanillina or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1/4 sticks unsalted butter cut into pieces
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- any flavor of jam to top the cookies
- On a clean counter top, cutting board or pastry board, place the flour, sugar, vanillina (or vanilla extract) and salt in a pile.
- Make a crater in the middle of the mountain of dry ingredients with your hands and then place the egg yolks, butter, almond extract and coconut oil in the center.
- Mix all of the ingredients together with your hands, kneading everything together until the mixture is well incorporated and homogeneous in color and texture.
- Place the dough uncovered in the refrigerator for one hour.
- After an hour is up preheat the oven to 375, take the dough out of the refrigerator and roll it by hand into a thin log shape.
- Cut the dough into small equal pieces and roll each piece into a ball, about an inch or so in size.
- Place the cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet at least 2 inches apart.
- In the center of each cookie make a depression using your thumb and fill with any jam or preserve of your choice.
- I used a variety of jams – strawberry, blueberry and mulberry.
- The berry flavors paired amazingly with the soft aroma of the vanilla and almond, and really complemented the fresh blackberries I added after baking.
- Bake the cookies for approximately 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack.
- Top each jam cookie with a fresh blackberry and sprinkle with powdered sugar for an added touch of elegance.
Source and picture Monte Nero