Whether if it’s Merenda, Spontino or an after
dinner dessert, this quick and easy sweet never fails to satisfy.
¾ CUP BUTTER
2 CUPS SUGAR
2 CUPS FLOUR
PINCH OF SALT
½ TSP BAKING POWDER
2 TSP ALMOND EXTRACT
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Grease and flour a 9 X 13-inch baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan or carefully in the microwave and then let it cool down slightly.
- In a stand mixer, beat the eggs together with the sugar. Add the flour, salt, and baking powder. Stir to well combine and then slowly add the melted butter and almond extract. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and give one more good stir.
- Pour into the 9 X 13-inch baking dish that has been greased and floured.
- Sprinkle the top with sliced almonds and sugar. Grab a handful of almonds and scatter all over the top. Add more if you don’t think this is enough. Then sprinkle a sufficient amount of sugar over all.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until the top is just a light golden brown. Be careful to not overbake. When cool, cut into squares or your desired piece size for serving and enjoy.