The flavor of fresh strawberries and raspberries are heightened by the addition of almond paste.
It’s ‘berry’ fresh tasting!
25 minutes to assemble
50-55 minutes to bake
Total time: 75-80 minutes
- 1 7oz box almond paste (grated using large hole side of box grater)
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon almond liqueur or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quartered strawberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 tablespoon confectioner’s sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease or spray a 9 inch springform pan.
- Add Almond Paste (grated using large hole side of box grater), butter and sugar to mixing bowl. Beat until well combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well between each. Mix in liqueur or vanilla
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into almond mixture. Beat until just incorporated. Spoon batter into pan, smoothing top. Arrange strawberries in concentric circles and place raspberries between strawberries.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until golden and toothpick inserted near middle comes out clean. Place pan on wire rack and cool. Run a thin knife around inside edge and unmold. Dust with confectioner’s sugar and serve. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Source and pictures Odense