This recipe serves 4 and makes a good appetizer or even a tasty dinner when served with a side of vegetables, rice and a salad and is easily adapted to serve more than 4.
- 20 shrimp
- ½ cup good italian olive oil
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- salt & freshly ground black pepper – to taste
- ½ stick butter
- 1-2 lemons – cut in wedges
- 2 eggs – beaten with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 shish kabob sticks – slightly soaked
- sprinkle of garlic powder – optional
- Peel the shrimp leaving the end of the tails on.
- Put 5 shrimp on each skewer, sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder and put aside.
- Melt the oil and butter in a large frying pan over medium high heat.
- Dip the shrimp skewers first in flour, then eggs and finally breadcrumbs.
- Fry in the hot butter/oil mixture for 2 or 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve with lemon wedges.