Here is perfectly good and amazing Pizza Muffin recipe. Who doesn’t like pizza? Here’s a creative way to show off that pizza comes in any shape. This is a great snack to have on hand when the family is coming over. A few of these will surely hold the younger ones until dinner time!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ – 2/3 cup mozzarella – shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella – diced
- 1/3 cup pizza or tomato sauce
- 1 cup yogurt – drained
- ¼ cup butter – melted
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 link Italian sausage – cooked and shredded into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 400º
- Place liners in a large muffin pan or spray the muffin cups well with a cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- In another bowl, mix yogurt, eggs and milk. Add melted butter and stir all of them until they are well combined.
- Pour the liquid mix into the dry ingredients and mix only until there are no visible dry ingredients. Add in the cubed cheese and drained sausages. If the batter seems to be too thick, just add a little milk to thin it out.
- Spoon into muffin cups, then add a teaspoon of pizza or spaghetti sauce on top and sprinkle with shredded mozzarella.
- Bake for 12 – 14 minutes depending on the size of your muffins. To know if the muffins are done, insert a toothpick in each muffin. The toothpick must come out clean when removed.
- Let the muffins cool in a pan for 5 minutes and then cool them a little more on a wire rack.
Note: The number of muffins you make depends on the size of the muffin tin, how much you are filling in each tin and also if you are making mini muffins. The length of the cooking time also depends on all of these. If I am not using a pizza sauce, I will add a little dried oregano to the sauce. I’ve also made these muffins with all-purpose flour, eliminating the whole wheat flour. I like to make several batches at a time because they freeze well.