A Sweet to Enjoy with Your Sweetest on Valentine’s Day
(Un buon dolci da gustare con i tuoi cari)
- 8 Oz Bittersweet Chocolate – finely chopped
- 2 Large Eggs and 2 Large Yolks
- ¼ Cup Light Brown Sugar – packed
- ½ tsp Orange Zest – grated
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 3 Tbs Grand Marnier
- Microwave chocolate in a glass bowl, slowly, stirring often and scraping the sides, until melted.
- Stir and let cool.
- In a blender, add eggs, yolks, sugar and orange zest and blend until foamy and light in color. About 1 minute.
- Add cream and Grand Marnier and cooled chocolate and bend until combined and slightly thickened.
- Divide evenly among 4 – 6 custard cups or fancy glasses.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight. Before serving, uncover and let sit for about 15 minutes.
- Add a dollop of whipped cream on top and maybe some chocolate shavings.
For Valentine’s Day you can substitute Framboise (a raspberry liqueur) for the Grand Marnier and top it off with a few swirls of whipped cream and fresh raspberries. Or add 2 tsp vanilla instead of the liqueur and top with fresh strawberries drizzled with Fragola Fabbri which is strawberries in a heavy syrup imported from Italy. So delicious!
Then let Cupid work his magic!