The Fantastic Linguine with Fresh Clams. This is actually Charlie’s way to cook a fusion of seafood and pasta. It’s light, simple and I love it!
- 1 lb linguine
- 24 little neck clams
- 4 tbs sliced shallots
- 4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 tbs butter – unsalted
- 4-5 garlic cloves – sliced
- 1 tbs butcher pepper
- ½ tbs red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp oregano
- 4 tbs chopped parsley
- salt – to taste
- In a heavy saucepan, heat olive oil with butter until the butter melts. Add the garlic and stir just until the garlic starts to color.
- Add, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, oregano and sliced shallots. Stir until well combined and the shallots are soft.
- Add the white wine and stir in.
- Add the clams to the pot and gently boil for 6-8 minutes. Discard any clams that did not open.
- Stir in the chopped parsley. Remove clams with a slotted spoon and place in a bowl, covered.
- Cook pasta in 4 quarts of salted boiling water. Stir and cook just until al dente.
- Drain pasta and ladle into the saucepan with the clam sauce and heat for about 2 minutes. Then portion pasta and place the clams on top of the pasta.
- Garnish with additional chopped parsley, if desired.