The Bewitchingly Good Nutella Sweet Bread (Pane Dolce Alla Nutella). That nutella in your cupboard is more than just a spread! You can take it and use it to bake a wonderful bread to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- ½ cup nutella spread
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup plain yogurt – not low-fat
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup + 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350º and butter and flour a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs together with the sugar for about 5 minutes on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the yogurt, oil, vanilla and flour mixture, beating to combine well.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared loaf pan and drizzle in the Nutella. Run the tip of a knife through the batter a few times, then add the remainder of the batter over the top to cover.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the loaf cool completely before cutting.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar or a little cinnamon sugar.
Note: Nutella can be a little thick so you can thin it out in your microwave set on low and stirring every minute or so. You can also set the jar in a small pan of hot water set over a low flame and stir until you get the right consistency to pour. Do not let the bottom of the Nutella burn while trying to dilute, so stir often.