The 10 Minute Cheesecake. This is such an easy recipe but it will make your guests think you have slaved for hours. Simplicity at its best!
Makes 8-10 servings.
For Cheesecake Base:
- 1 packet (approximately 1 3/4 cups crushed) tennis biscuits (or you may use graham crackers), crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
For the Cheesecake Filling:
- 1 tin (395g/14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tubs (16 ounces total) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence (vanilla extract)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C/350 degrees F.
- For the Cheesecake Base:
Combine the crushed tennis biscuits (or graham crackers, if using) with the melted butter and press mixture into base of dish *(See Note Below).
- For the Cheesecake Filling:
In a large mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, lemon juice, and the vanilla essence. Add the tin of sweetened condensed milk. Beat mixture until smooth (you may use a hand or an electric mixer).
- Pour (or spoon) the mixture over the base and bake for 10 minutes at 180 degrees C/350 degrees F.
- Let cool and serve.
Cheesecake also be topped with a low-fat cream and fresh fruit like strawberries or other berries and sprinkled with chocolate shavings.
I recommend using a 9 or 10 inch springform pan, or a 9 or 10 inch metal pie plate for baking the cheese cake in.
Recipe from: http://www.dianasdesserts.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/recipes.recipeListing/filter/guets/recipeID/6246/Recipe.cfm